WBEC-Ridderkerk forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine not known to many

Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Engine not known to many

Post  Tony Thomas on Fri May 30, 2008 11:13 am

Until today I had no idea that there was an engine named EIRE available for download from the Danasah Pages. Here is the link..

http://danasah.googlepages.com/downloadversionesantiguas

Tony Thomas

Number of posts : 22
Age : 38
Location : Atlanta, GA
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Eire

Post  Pedro Castro on Fri May 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Hello Tony,

I do not consider Eire as a new engine, Eire is an old version of DanaSah, I have already explained elsewhere because he changed the name, this was just before publishing the first version.

Caligula yes, Caligula can be viewed as differently engine, although he having the same opening book format and access to bitbases as danasah.

Pedro
Pedro Castro
Pedro Castro

Number of posts : 10
Location : Basque Country (Spain)
Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://danasah.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Re: Engine not known to many

Post  Graham Banks on Fri May 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi Pedro,

DanaSah is your number one engine though in terms of strength and for future development?

Regards, Graham.

Graham Banks

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Re: Engine not known to many

Post  Pedro Castro on Sat May 31, 2008 2:57 am

Graham Banks wrote:Hi Pedro,

DanaSah is your number one engine though in terms of strength and for future development?

Regards, Graham.

Yes, Graham.
Pedro Castro
Pedro Castro

Number of posts : 10
Location : Basque Country (Spain)
Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://danasah.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Re: Engine not known to many

Post  Graham Banks on Sat May 31, 2008 6:53 am

Pedro Castro wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Hi Pedro,

DanaSah is your number one engine though in terms of strength and for future development?

Regards, Graham.

Yes, Graham.

Thanks Pedro. Cool

Graham Banks

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Re: Engine not known to many

Post  Tony Thomas on Sat May 31, 2008 8:05 pm

Pedro Castro wrote:Hello Tony,

I do not consider Eire as a new engine, Eire is an old version of DanaSah, I have already explained elsewhere because he changed the name, this was just before publishing the first version.

Caligula yes, Caligula can be viewed as differently engine, although he having the same opening book format and access to bitbases as danasah.

Pedro

I am pretty sure even Guenther wasnt aware of it, he usually puts "aka engine x" under the name section for engines that had a name change. I guess Eire is more like an extremely early alpha version of Danasah which is of interest to collectors like me. By the way, Caligula lost 3/15 games on time under my infamous 1min+1sec time control. Is that a known issue?
Later
Tony

Tony Thomas

Number of posts : 22
Age : 38
Location : Atlanta, GA
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Re: Engine not known to many

Post  Pedro Castro on Sat May 31, 2008 11:05 pm

Tony Thomas wrote:
Pedro Castro wrote:Hello Tony,

I do not consider Eire as a new engine, Eire is an old version of DanaSah, I have already explained elsewhere because he changed the name, this was just before publishing the first version.

Caligula yes, Caligula can be viewed as differently engine, although he having the same opening book format and access to bitbases as danasah.

Pedro

I am pretty sure even Guenther wasnt aware of it, he usually puts "aka engine x" under the name section for engines that had a name change. I guess Eire is more like an extremely early alpha version of Danasah which is of interest to collectors like me. By the way, Caligula lost 3/15 games on time under my infamous 1min+1sec time control. Is that a known issue?
Later
Tony

Thanks Tony,

In Caligula I have the same system that danasah for times, so it's possible that if Caligula loses at this control, then danasah also.

In my computer does not occur these losses by time but I will put a parameter in the ini file so that it can modify and use less time in lasts moves.

Pedro
Pedro Castro
Pedro Castro

Number of posts : 10
Location : Basque Country (Spain)
Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://danasah.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

Engine not known to many Empty Re: Engine not known to many

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum